2018 By the Numbers

Over the course of 2018, we’ve been able to capture a lot of information from every aspect of what we do here at Chasing Epic.  From our riders to the rides to the bikes we ride, we’ve seen it all.  And as we wrap up the year, we thought you’d be interested in seeing a little bit of it too:


Zero: Number of Chasing Epic riders who were able to complete the entire Whole Enchilada in 2018 (thanks to an early snow in October, we only started at the top of LPS!).

One Third: Approximate portion of our riders who wear pads.  This number goes up significantly for our trips to Moab, Fruita and St. George.

12%: International representation in 2018, with riders coming from Canada, the UK, Sweden, Colombia, Jordan and New Zealand.



Half: In a unscientific survey, about half of our riders use flat pedals and half use clipless.  This number skews towards flats in Moab and Fruita, and towards clipless in Crested Butte and Angel Fire.

52%: Percentage of demo bikes ridden that were Ibis (the other 48% were Spot).

Two: Number of new destinations we’re adding in 2019 (Brevard and Sun Valley).  It also happens to be the number of destinations we’re eliminating as well (bye-bye Park City and Sedona).



Four: Number of times we hosted trips in Crested Butte this fall.  One with BKXC, one with The Singletrack Sampler, and two “normal” trips from our 2018 calendar.  All four of those trips were sold out.

10.8: Average number of riders on a 2018 trip with Chasing Epic.

26.5: Longest distance, in miles, of a Chasing Epic ride this year; completed by a motivated crew at the Kokopelli Loops in Fruita.



50: The number of teeth on the largest cog of a 12-speed SRAM cassette.  It also happened to be the most common pre-trip question we received: “Do your demo bikes have Eagle?”

4156: Most amount of vertical climbed on a single ride this year.  This was on our Crystal to Star Pass Epic in Crested Butte in July.



12,335: Elevation at the highest point of any Chasing Epic trip, the top of Star Pass from the ride mentioned above.

58/42: Ratio of 29’ers to 27.5″ bikes ridden on all 2018 Chasing Epic trips.


Share this:
AUTHOR: Steve Mokan

Steve is the owner (and founder) of Chasing Epic Mountain Bike Adventures, and contributes regularly to our blog. He's passionate about providing customers with incredible mountain bike vacations, and he loves photography and travel when he's not working. Truthfully, he loves those things when he is working too.