Training Program FAQs
Do I have to use the training program?
- Absolutely not. This training program is purely voluntary, and it’s something we provide our clients to increase the available resources for MTB training. Plenty of folks have their own training programs that work great, and if you’re one of them, there’s no reason to switch. We recommend you check it out at least, as there may be elements you can integrate into your specific plan.
What if I sign up after the Winter or Spring/Summer plan is sent out?
- No problem at all- we’ll include the most recent plan with your confirmation email, and you can pick it up ASAP. We’re also happy to answer any questions you might have about the plan as you get started.
I’m new to using a specific training plan, how do I get started?
- Between the specific programs themselves and our “start up” Zoom call, we hope to provide you with enough information, background, and detail to get started whenever you have the time.
How is the Winter plan different than the Spring/Summer plan?
- For us, Winter is all about establishing a base level of fitness and getting stronger. So the Winter plan will focus on easier “Zone 2” rides that build your fitness level, with the occasional interval or hard ride mixed in. The weight/core plan will be more intense in the winter as you have more time to build strength, whereas the Spring/Summer plan will be more maintenance-focused when it comes to strength work. Additionally, the Spring/Summer plan will start to ramp up the intensity and length of your rides as you build up towards your specific trip (or other event).
Do I need any specific equipment for the plans?
- Not exactly, although it’ll certainly help. There are plenty of core/strength exercises you can do with simple body weight and basic equipment, but it always helps to have access to free weights or machines. On the bike/fitness side, it’s ideal if you have access to a trainer or spin bike (if you can’t go outside), but you can always tough it out and ride your MTB/road bike outside!