We recently completed a fantastic 4-day trip to Crested Butte, and we couldn’t have asked for a more fun trip… although dodging rain drops made things interesting! Thanks to steady rain and occasional thunderstorms (and even a hail storm), we had to change our itinerary on the fly- but no worries, we made things work by heading down to Gunnison to ride world-famous Hartman Rocks on Day 2!
I’ll let the photos do the talking, but here’s a quick rundown of what the riding looked like after we made a few adjustments to the schedule:
- Day 1: Lupine to Gunsight Connector to Lower Loop, 10 miles (“Once you’re completely saturated with water, you may as well keep going!”)
- Day 2: Hartman Rocks, 18 miles
- Day 3: Walrod Gulch to Point Lookout to 409 to Walrod Cutoff, 12 miles (and lots of climbing!)
- Day 3, Part 2: Meander to Westside to Happy Hour to Upper Loop to Tony’s, 8 miles
- Day 4: Strand Hill and Strand Bonus, 8 miles